1. Online Payslips: Teachers can now access their monthly payslips online by visiting the TSC portal link. Teachers need to ensure they are registered and activated by visiting the TSC ICT offices. A teacher needs to have their TSC number and preset password.
2. Advertised Posts and Status Checking: TSC publishes available vacancies for teachers where they can apply online, as opposed to the manual system of delivering application letters to specific schools.
The platform also allows applicants to check the status of their applications online.
3. Registration of New Teachers: Teachers who have completed their teaching course from college are required to be registered before commencing teaching.
This exercise can be done online through the TSC website by uploading necessary documents.
The registration process for new teachers can be completed online through the TSC website.
To do so, teachers must upload the following necessary documents:
• Certificate of good conduct • Degree certificate • KCSE and KCPE certificates • GP-69 form (duly filled) • Official transcripts • Copy of ID/passport • Birth certificate copy • Bank slips/simple mobile banking (M-pesa) message, printed in hardcopy.
Remember to submit the M-pesa transaction ID.
4. Teacher Appraisal Reports: Teachers appraise themselves online through the TSC portal by awarding themselves marks using defined standards.
They are required to submit the appraisals to the TSC for assessment.
5. TSC Circulars and Other Media: Teachers can access various circulars published by the TSC through its website.
6. TMIS Returns: This online system allows teachers to update their data from time to time, including school information, student enrollment, and teacher details.
7. Online Tax Deduction Card (P): Teachers can access their P9 forms alongside their payslips, enabling them to file tax returns online.
8. Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS): The commission can access and manage its human resources using this system.
Secretariat staff can apply for leave, access medical scheme administration services, and undertake performance appraisals through this system.
These TSC online services have made it easier for teachers to access TSC services from the comfort of their offices through their website.